Sunday 8 August 2010

Denim and Rose

So, if you follow me on twitter you'll know that last weekend I finally got my hands on the Bobbi Brown Denim and Rose collection. I've been lusting after it for ages. I also picked up a few other things from the collection.

As always, the service at Bobbi Brown was brilliant (although filled with drama, a woman had collapsed by the Clinique counter and there were paramedics everywhere!) and thorough. I spoke to my usual make up artist, Lauren, who is just brilliant. She remembers my name and what I've bought previously. She talked about how I could use the pallet with my surf cream shadow from their Beach collection. She's just generally lovely and excellent at her job. I fear she's spoiled me for any future sales assistants!

Anyway, onto the photos.

Photobucket

I love those little black boxes.



Photobucket

Photobucket


This is the Denim and Rose pallet. I love the outside packaging, it's actual denim. It's so cute. It's pretty small, it would fit in my handbag with no problem.

Photobucket
The Pink Rose blush.

Photobucket
Navajo (the lighter colour) and Grey Denim.

Photobucket
Pink Granite Sparkle Eyeshadow.

Photobucket
Dark Rinse Shimmer Wash Eyeshadow.


They can be paired differently for different looks. I really like Grey Denim and Pink Granite. The Dark Rinse isn't quite as blue as I was hoping, but then Bobbi doesn't really do bold colours which is what I was expecting it to be.

There are lip colours in the pallet too, which I know has the potential to turn into a disaster. Powder in your lip colour is not nice, but I guess I'll just have to be careful.

Photobucket
Iced Lilac and Hot Rose

Photobucket
Indie Rose

Photobucket
Cool Rose


I also bought the Denim gel liner. I love the gel liners. I now have three. This is a gorgeous colour. It's very obviously blue, not just black with a hint of blue.

Photobucket

Photobucket


I bought the Extreme Party mascara as well, which I wasn't planning on doing. Lauren put it on me and it actually looks blue on my lashes. I have quite dark lashes so most coloured mascaras don't show up at all (Benefit Bad Gal Blue, I'm looking at you). So this was a nice surprise. It gives me great lash definition too. A definite favourite, and I might get the black too.

Photobucket

Photobucket


What do you think of the pallet? I'm not convinced about the lip colours. I hate applying lip colours with my fingers, and these are quite sticky. Especially if you've been applying the shadows with your fingers too.

1 comment:

  1. ok im jelous. i love this palette. bummer that it doesnt at least come with a mini applicator brush and lipgloss brush. you think that with the price Bobbi Brown cosmetics are, that they would atleast fit some applicators in there somewhere!

    ReplyDelete